News from September 2008
The Royal Air Force Central Flying School conluded that the overall standard of 621 was Excellant after their visit in August 2008.
Central Flying School is responsible for checking and maintaining the highest possible standards of pure flying and flying instruction within the RAF. Each year a team from CFS Gliding Examiners visit 621 VGS to assess the following:
- Assess the standard of flying and flying instruction.
- Assess the standard of supervision of gliding operations.
- Renew instructional categories as required.
- Check the competency of graded pilots.
- Assess the degree of standardisation of glider handling and operation.
- Assess the standard of winch driving.
- Advise on matters of Flight Safety
Their report on their visit in August 2008 concluded that 621 VGS was well prepared and that the overall standard was EXCELLANT.